Goshen Community Schools Food Services program provides breakfast, lunch, and snacks for educational facilities and programs in the greater Goshen area on a daily basis. Our program also provides free lunches to all children during the summers as part of the summer foods program.
The Application for assistance for Free & Reduced Meals and Curricular Material Rental (CMR) will not be available until July. The online application is the quickest and best way to apply. However, paper copies are available in school and district offices or downloaded here.
When you apply online it will automatically connect food services and CMR fees.
School Year 2022-2023
For the last few years, Chamberlain, Chandler, Waterford, and West Goshen Elementary Schools qualified for free meals for all students because of the percentage of students in the schools who qualified for free or reduced meals. Due to the lack of families applying for federal assistance (SNAP, TANF, Medicaid) in the past year, the USDA has informed GCS that we will no longer qualify for free meals for any of our schools in the 2022-23 school year.
What does this mean?
- Families who qualified for free or reduced lunches in the past will still receive assistance but they must complete the Free & Reduced Application.
- Families may be directly certified for free or reduced-price meals through SNAP and TANF. However, if families do not fill out a new (2022-23) Free & Reduced Application, they will not qualify for assistance with curricular materials and will be charged for books, device rental, etc.
- To ensure that all families who may qualify for assistance receive the meal and curricular materials benefits, GCS encourages all families to file an application for the 2022-23 school year.
- Parent Liaisons will be available in August to help families with questions about the application. Look for Parent Liaisons at your school’s back-to-school night.
- Free & Reduced Applications from the previous school year expire in September. In order to continue to receive free or reduced prices on meals and CMR fees, families must complete a new application every year. We ask that you complete the application as soon as possible each year. GCS receives state curricular materials reimbursement only on applications processed through October each year. GCS absorbs the free and reduced cost on fees processed after October.
- If you have questions, you may contact the School Nutrition Director, Chris Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Assistant Director, Heather Bontrager at email@example.com
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.