Monday – Friday Daily School Hours
Elementary Schools: 7:30am – 2:20pm
Intermediate School: 8:15am – 3:05pm
Junior High School: 9:15am – 4:00pm
High School: 8:30am – 3:05pm
GAP/Merit: 8:00 -11:00 & 12:00 – 3:00
Two-Hour Delay Schedule
Elementary Schools: 9:30am – 2:20pm
Intermediate School: 10:15am – 3:05pm
Junior High School: 11:00am – 4:00pm
High School: 10:30am – 3:05pm
GAP/Merit: 9:00 -11:00 & 12:00 – 3:00
Bus riders will be kept on buses until the “Arrival Time” bell rings, at which time, bus drivers will release students into the buildings.
Delays and Closures guidelines
- Daily, between 5:00-5:45 AM, the weather and road conditions are evaluated across the district. Local road and visibility conditions are considered along with weather reports and the actions of surrounding school districts. The decision to delay or cancel school is not always an easy one, with many factors that need to be considered. Weather conditions can vary across the county, so local Superintendents communicate during times of inclement weather to ensure informed decisions are made in their district. As always, Goshen Schools’ priority is the safety and well-being of the students.
- If conditions are poor enough to warrant a delay or cancellation, that decision will be made before the first bus departs between 5:30-5:45 AM.
- The Transportation Department is notified and communication to parents goes out.
- As a parent, if you feel it’s unsafe for their student to walk, ride or drive to school, you may decide to delay or not attend. When you report an absence or tardy to the school, report the reason to have your child excused.
- GCS believes the public expects schools to be open and to provide education, supervision, and other services (including meals) to its students.
- Parents will be notified of a closing/delay through ParentSquare. If you do not receive a call/text/email, please contact your school registrar to update your contact information.
- Closings/Delays will also be posted on the GCS Facebook page.
- Additional media outlets are also contacted: WNDU-TV, WSBT-TV, and ABC57-TV
School Closing Information
- If schools are closed due to inclement weather, we will post if it is an e-learning day.
- Meals will NOT be served on days schools are closed due to inclement weather.
- Boys & Girls Club will NOT be in session on a day of school closures.