The Technology Department is a vital part of GCS. The Technology Department provides resources that enable all to acquire skills in accessing, processing, and communicating ideas and information.
Goshen Community Schools employs technology to improve instruction at all levels. We continue to seek affordable and effective opportunities to infuse technology in the learning process to ensure our students receive relevant and timely instruction.
Goshen High School 1 to 1 program
The 1 to 1 program at Goshen High School has provided laptops for 9th – 12th graders since the fall of the 2014-2015 school year. This program provides all students with a computer.
Projectors in Every Classroom
Every classroom in GCS is outfitted with a mounted LCD projector, allowing teachers to utilize the vast resources of the internet to create dynamic and engaging lessons.
Instructional Devices for Every Teacher
GCS continues to phase in iPads and AppleTVs across the district, giving teachers access to an enormous number of educational applications. The AppleTV allow these applications to be presented directly to the projectors for classroom viewing, collaboration, and discussion.
Policies and Guidelines
Repairs and Software Support
Electronic technology and software sometimes seem to do mysterious things. The TRCs and Tech Associates at GCS work hard to meet the service needs of the staff and students. All staff use our web-based help ticket system to report technology issues.
Purchases and Planning
GCS technology purchases originate from instructional or productivity needs of students and staff. Requisitions start with staff. TRCs and Techs assist staff with making sure the hardware and software requests are compatible with GCS systems. Approval from building and corporation administrators is the final step before orders are placed.
- David Snyder – Director of Technology
- Tim Drescher – Student Data Coordinator
- Branden Beachy – Network Administrator
- Megan Eichorn – Webmaster/Data Specialist
- Steve Hochstetler Shirk – Administrative Systems
- Moshe Hodges – Technology Associate
- Teri McCrindle – Technology Administrative Assistant
- Mark Perry – Student Applications Tech
- Ron Lambdin– GMS Tech
- Matt O’Dell – GHS Tech
- Regina Goodman – Staff Developer
- Merv Miller – Apple Technician
Building Technology Resource Specialists
- David Crabb – Chamberlain TRC
- Kayla Gingerich – Chandler TRC
- Shannon Linville – GHS/1:1 TRC
- Cari Durecki – GHS TRC
- Chaim Hodges – GMS/1:1 TRC
- Shannon Amaya – GMS TRC
- Matt Kratzer – Model TRC
- Alan VanDyke – Parkside TRC
- Deb Johnson – Prairie View TRC
- Angel Linville – Waterford TRC
- Arelis Gomez – West Goshen TRC