Summer To-Do List
2023 – 2024 School Year Preparation

Staggered Start Schedule

August 16, 2023
Only students in grades K, 5, 7 & 9
and students with special needs by appointment only. Contact the building principal to set up a time.

August 17, 2023
All grades K-12

Hey parents! There are a few items on your Summer To-Do List that will help us get ready for the upcoming 2023-2024 School Year.  Please get your To-Do List done before you get too far into the summer break.


    • Deadline June 30, 2023 – This deadline is being put in place to give the transportation department plenty of time to prepare as bus routing and staffing is a time-consuming process. You may register after June 30, however, transportation requests take up to 72 hours to process. Last year transportation had hundreds of busing requests and changes the week before school started which greatly impacted the start of the school year. Please get your students registered today.  If you live in a Walk-Zone this does not apply to your students.
    • JULY 26 – All bus registrations need to be completed by this date in order to guarantee bus transportation on the first day of school.
    • AUGUST 1 – Routing will be completed so parents may log into TransAct to view their student’s bus information. If you require changes, note that it may take up to 72 hours to process your request.
    • Grades K-6
      • All K-6 students who do not live in a walk-zone are automatically assigned to a bus.
      • Live outside the walk-zone but drive your student to school? Log in to Transact and opt-out of transportation to allow us to route and staff properly.

      Grades 7-12

      • All students in grades 7-12 who do not live in a walk-zone must register for transportation.
      • Log in to Transact and opt-in for transportation or your student will not be assigned a bus.
  1. Transfer Requests
    In-District Transfer Requests – These forms are for Goshen elementary students who choose to attend an elementary school that is not inside the elementary school district they live.  These are not registration forms, but simply a request to transfer from one elementary to another inside Goshen Community Schools.  These forms are required every school year.Out-of-District Transfer Requests – These forms are for non-Goshen resident students who are transferring from another school district.  These are not registration forms, but simply a request to transfer from one district to another. These forms are required every school year.For questions regarding transfers call 574-971-4149.

  2. Register Incoming Students
    If you have incoming Kindergarteners or new students to our district, please register them soon.

  3. Food Services
    We are discontinuing the use of MySchoolBucks for lunch accounts and moving to LINQ Connect.   Please note the following:

    • Go to the Food Services page for more information on LINQ.
    • Funds in MySchoolBucks will be transferred into the new system.  You do not need to submit a Refund Request.
    • Any account that is negative regardless of grade level or graduation status, will need to get that balance paid in full as soon as possible at Central Office, 613 E. Purl Street.
    • Students who are graduating or not continuing next year and have money in their account should complete a


  1. Apply for Free and Reduced Lunches – On July 1, the 2023-2024 application will be available on LINQ Connect.  We ask that you complete these applications as soon as they become available.  For information on how to submit the application through LINQ, click the link below.
  2. Update Contact Information – PLEASE log into Skyward and update your contact information.
    • Click on the “Student Information” tab and determine what needs to be changed.
    • Click on the “Request Changes for student” and pick an option from the list.
    • Make sure a phone number is labeled “Cell” so it will be connected in ParentSquare.
  3. Volunteer Background Checks – Any parent who wishes to volunteer in their student’s classroom, field trip, etc., must complete a background check which are good for 5 years.  More information can be found on the Parent Portal.
  4. Athletic Physicals – All students who wish to participate in sports starting in the 7th grade must have a physical.  You must have a 23-24 IHSAA Sports Physical completed and submitted before you are eligible to practice or try out.  For more information and forms click the following links:
  5. School Supplies – The grade-level supply lists have been posted.