Professional Leave Request/Reimbursement Form – Print on BLUE paper.
Courses for College Credit
- Teachers, college credit courses are often an easier way to plan for license renewal and to improve the quality of instruction.
- Check with local colleges and universities for summer workshops and distance learning opportunities.
http://www.AffordableCollegesOnline.org/online-colleges/indiana/ – Affordable Colleges Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing free higher education tools for current and future college students and their families, recently published research on all the Not-For-Profit universities and colleges in Indiana that offer online college programs. The page contains:
- Unique list of accredited not-for-profit institutions offering online programs, sorted by affordability
- Spotlight interviews provided by many college deans with the institution’s philosophy on online learning
- Direct links to the specific online departments, or e-campus, of each institution
http://www.AccreditedOnlineColleges.Org/Indiana/ – A comprehensive and informative resource that ranks each university in America by size, degrees offered, tuition costs, admission rates, graduation rates, and retention rates.
http://www.edudemic.com/affordable-online-colleges/ – A resource page that openly discusses online colleges, programs, and affordability.
Student Loan Forgivness programs
Bethel College Summer Institute for Teachers – A three day learning experience with an opportunity to earn up to 18 PGPs or 3 GRADUATE credits. Registration deadline is May 21, 2012
ASCD Online Academy
- Call 800-933-ASCD or visit pdonline.ascd.org
- Over 50 class offering – only $99 per class
Summer Online Courses from IU: The IU School of Continuing Studies offers a broad selection of convenient, online courses for teachers for the summer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Trine University has partnered with Virtual Education Software, inc. to offer continuing renewal unit (CRU) courses for educators online or via CD-Rom. These interactive courses can be completed in the comfort of your own home at times convenient to your schedule. Visit http://www.virtualeduc.com/e-announcements/trine.htm
Solution Tree offers online courses from Dr. Robert Marzano. Two courses currently being offered are Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading and Motivating and Engaging Students. For more information, visit Solution Tree’s website